Re: kvm disk read error

On 05/23/2010 09:45 PM, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2010 10:46:52 +0300
Andrei Popescu<andreimpopescu@gmail.com>  wrote:

On Sat,22.May.10, 17:16:22, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
trying to install windows xp pro

the installation goes just fine but when I try to run the vm I get

For what purpose do you want to run Windows? Maybe we can suggest
better alternatives (like VirtualBox, package virtualbox-ose).

Regards,
Andrei

WARNING: The character device /dev/vboxdrv does not exist.
	 Please install the virtualbox-ose-dkms package and the
appropriate headers, most likely linux-headers-amd64.

after spending a lot of time with the (incorrect) wiki page and
package search, I can't make it work.

any advice ?

Brian

p.s. vboxdrv doesn't show up in the unstable package search !

Do you have linux-headers?
Virtualbox think that you have amd64, so you will need linux-headers-2.6.32-3-amd64. Change the number version with your kernel version.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic