Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Sun, 23 May 2010 21:37:28 +0100
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 23 May 2010 21:11:30 William Pitcock wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > ----- "Stephen Powell" <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
> > > (blah blah blah blah)
> >
> > Nobody cares if you are opposed to it.  Unless you are offering to
> > become lilo upstream, it's going away.
>
> Unless someone who is a capable coder feels the same.  Which is quite
> possible.

It's not the capable coder part that matters as much as the
know-and-understand how LILO works part.

Such knowledge would take quite a while to accumulate, which is why if
the package maintainer can't get it done then we will probably all be
stuck with grub2.

Brian