Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Sun, 23 May 2010 16:11:30 -0400 (EDT), William Pitcock wrote:
> "Stephen Powell" <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
>> (blah blah blah blah)
>
> Nobody cares if you are opposed to it.  Unless you are offering to become
> lilo upstream, it's going away.
>
> William

I do understand why a Debian package maintainer does not wish to become
"upstream".  And I hope that someone who is both willing and able to do
so steps up to the plate.  But withdrawing it from the distribution seems
like overkill to me, especially since you want to withdraw it from Squeeze
and not Squeeze+1.  Lilo, as it exists today, works just fine for my
purposes.  And apparently it works just fine for a lot of other people too.

The Lord bless you, William.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :