Re: kvm disk read error

On 05/23/2010 02:16 AM, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
trying to install windows xp pro

the installation goes just fine but when I try to run the vm I get

   Booting from hard disk
   a disk read error occurred

I started with virt-manager, and got the above error messages.

then I found some potential fixes using the command line:

Here's the command lines I tried:

   sudo kvm -m 512 -cdrom /dev/cdrom1 -boot d /var/lib/libvirt/images/windoze.img

   sudo kvm -m 512 -cdrom /dev/cdrom1 -boot c /var/lib/libvirt/images/windoze.img

That didn't work either.

There's a bug filed against this problem with the EXCEEDINGLY UNHELPFUL advice to use the qemu command line to run things, without any sort of example of what those commands should look like.

Help ?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi,
There is aqemu. It is gui for qemu and it is really user friendly.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic