Re: How to keep debian current??

On 5/18/2010 2:21 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 5/18/2010 10:34 AM, Osamu Aoki wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:07:10AM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

Thank you.  This is contrary to what the main Debian site says in
multiple places, but it is plausible.  Good to know.

Could you be more specific where you saw them or where you got this
impression?  So we can make corrective action to reduce confusion.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch2.en.html#s2.3
http://www.debian.org/security/faq#unstable

I would like to reiterate that there are lots of places where either it is implied that the security team handles all, or that unstable never gets fixes, not just those three I quoted (above) in a previous post. And that also does not include the various wikis, and odd corners that are Debian-affiliated, but not part of the official site.