Re: monitoring internet availability and sending sms alert?

Monique Y. Mudama on 17/05/10 23:06, wrote:

On Fri, May 14 at 14:26, Adam Hardy penned:
Actually the more I think about it, the more I realise that I would
rather have some kind of full blooded monitoring app which lets me
see stats (or even charts like ntop) of internet speed over the
week, although I bet that is just dreaming.

Have you looked at smokeping?

I have now! The docs are bit hard to follow, but it seems to do some interesting & relevant stuff. I think the config has been changed for the debian package because at the moment I can't see how the install corresponds to the smokeping docs.