Re: How to manage multiple Internet connections?

On Sat, 15 May 2010 16:32:05 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> `Bonding' seems to achieve what I wanted to do. Thanks.

Sure? I don't think so :-)

"Bonding" is for ethernet devices, nothing to do with using your
"router's bandwith". Ethernet bonding is like hard disk raid: it will
prevent for a "link" going down and you can use it to increasing
throughput but what you want to achieve is not done with that, as you
will be still facing the problem on how/where to route packages.

Also, bonding requires at least 2 ethernet adapters.

A very good bonding tutorial:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bonding

But you may need something like this:

How To: Load Balancing & Failover With Dual/ Multi WAN / ADSL / Cable
Connections on Linux
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-load-balancing-failover-with-dual-multi-wan-adsl-cable-connections-on-linux/

And I advance you is not an easy task :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón