Re: Updrading or reinstalling?

On Fri May 14 2010 07:25:34 pm ryanjonathanb@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just one question,
>
> Is it better to upgrade debian using dist-upgrade or just download the new
> iso and reinstalling it?? I'm waiting for the squeeze final release..
> Currently still using lenny.

I don't think there is a "better" way. I use either method. If it is a new
install (for whatever reason) I do a new install, but if I want to upgrade a
current install I upgrade. Be sure to read the release notes of the new
version before proceeding though.

I don't know how well the upgrade from lenny to squeeze is tested ATM though.
By release time it should be well documented and work as expected but we are
not there yet.