Re: Flash is open?

On Fri, 14 May 2010 16:18:51 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Look at PDF. PDF became a ISO/IEC standard but we (at linux) still lack
>> for a PDF editor that can compete with Acrobat Professional.
>
> In the GNU/Linux world, being able to edit PDF files is not considered
> as a worthwhile feature.  Better edit the file in some other format, and
> only use PDF for a "static output format".  In my experience, this works
> very well.

You must be kidding. Or at least you must be unaware about the existence
of pdftk toolkit, iTex and gnupdf library, xournal or pdfedit, a set of
applications and frameworks available in this "GNU/Linux world", intended
for PDF editing and manipulation.

There is more than PDF/A (a PDF spec for archiving purposes) out there.

Have you ever heard about PDF forms (editing required), about adding
bookmarks inside a PDF file structure, about making annotations or
markups or just creating a link?

There are many situations where the user has the PDF file but lacks the
original document, and if you want to perform any modification in that
file, we (linux users) are stuck :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón