Re: Flash is open?

Hello Camaleón,

> You must be kidding. Or at least you must be unaware about the existence
> of pdftk toolkit, iTex and gnupdf library, xournal or pdfedit, a set of
> applications and frameworks available in this "GNU/Linux world", intended
> for PDF editing and manipulation.

I was NEVER able to edit a singel PDF file...

And of course it was NOT the idea of Adobe, to let users edit PDF files.
PDF was created as portable static file format.

> There is more than PDF/A (a PDF spec for archiving purposes) out there.

There are better formats for it

> Have you ever heard about PDF forms (editing required), about adding
> bookmarks inside a PDF file structure, about making annotations or
> markups or just creating a link?

"Bookmarks" and/or "Annotations" are not even stored in the PDF with the
Adobe Acrobat Reader...

> There are many situations where the user has the PDF file but lacks the
> original document, and if you want to perform any modification in that
> file, we (linux users) are stuck :-/

PDFs are not inted to be editable.  It is not the intend by Adobe to  do
modifications once it was created.

If I think on the Invoices i send per EMail...  Users could  modify  the
file and fool the Revenue/customs Office or whatelse... and if something
goes wrong, the could claim, I have the PDF invoice send like this.

Note:   I have a secured Off-Line Archive with such documents
        and invoices plus there MD5 and SHA384 sums.  So even
        if I output the PDF-Invoice on my OnlineStore, it  is
        automaticaly saved as copy on another system.

        And requesting a second  copy  will  NOT  CREATE  the
        invoice from scratch, but take the from  the  archive
        since it must be the VERY original

There are many things you are missing here...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de