Re: Flash is open?

On Sex, 14 Mai 2010, Camaleón wrote:
a/ That I can modify the code of Flash without any fear of Adobe being
suing me :-)

The Adobe Flash player is, as far as I know, not open source. The code is not publicly available.

But you seem to be confusing one implementation of the Flash spec (done by Adobe) with the specs itself.

b/ That I can "read" and "use" their specs, but nothing more.

Yes, you can, and you can implement a player from scratch based on them. That's what the Gnash project does. And it happens to be open source.

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br