Re: gtk-recordMyDesktop

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 07:01:48AM +0000, Camaleón uttered:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 19:17:14 -0400, Steve Fishpaste wrote:
>
> > I have an problem while using gtk-recordMyDesktop Version: 0.3.8-3 with
> > my desktop environment, Xfce 4.6.1. Both these applications are from an
> > up-to-date Sid laptop.
> >
> > What happens is when I go to record a session; the recordMyDesktop
> > application disappears as it's supposed to so the screen isn't
> > cluttered; but there isn't any icon showing the stop button when in
> > record mode. From what I've read on various searches for this problem it
> > seems that in other desktop environments the record button/stop button
> > appears in the menu bar when one is recording, so when finished one can
> > stop the recording and have the video saved.
>
> Mmmm... the "record/stop" icon should fall under "notification area",
> inside panel.
>
> Can you add a "notification area" in XFCE? :-?

Hi, Yup I added a second one; just in case the first one not working
was an anomaly and it still doesn't show up in what Xfce calls a tray.

I used the 'recordMyDesktop' back end from my term and it ran
successfully and converted the video when finished. The picture was
screwed up; but that's a different problem. So it appears to be a
problem only with the gtk front end, and possibly only with Xfce ...
Not sure yet.