Re: Lenny to Squeeze upgrade problems

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:24:05 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/12/2010 04:16 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> >On Wednesday 12 May 2010 16:04:07 Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> >>This issue is because the new udev requires a>  .31 kernel with
> >>sysrq_deprecated=n (I am going off memory here so don't quote me). This
> >>means you need to first upgrade to the squeeze kernel, reboot, then upgrade
> >>udev and proceed with the "updgrade".
> >
> >Added Tag: needs-to-be-in-release-notes
>
> To heck with the Release Notes!  This needs to be front and center
> when you when you do the "apt-get update".

This issue has been mentioned in /usr/share/doc/udev/NEWS.gz repeatedly,
so you will be made aware of the problem in time to stop the upgrade if
you use apt-listchanges with its default settings. (At least if you use
aptitude; I would assume that apt-listchanges interacts the same way
with apt-get.)

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |