Lenny to Squeeze upgrade problems

I just tried to upgrade my Lenny installation to Squeeze using the following method:

I changed my sources.list from

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free
deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib non-free

deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-lenny/desktopfx/unstable/ ./

deb http://ansani.it/debian/ stable contrib

deb http://ftp.uni-kl.de/debian-multimedia/ stable main
deb-src http://ftp.uni-kl.de/debian-multimedia/ stable main

deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-lenny/desktopfx/unstable/ ./

deb http://ansani.it/debian/ testing contrib

deb http://ftp.uni-kl.de/debian-multimedia/ testing main
deb-src http://ftp.uni-kl.de/debian-multimedia/ stable main

I then proceeded to execute

`aptitude update`
`aptitude full-upgrade`

Then it did the usual stuff of resolving the conflicts and the resulting solution seemed fine to me. I accepted it and it started installing. All was going fine, until I started to notice that a lot of xserver-xorg packages were being left unconfigured. All seemed to fail because xserver-xorg-core was not configured yet, which in turn failed because a udev related package was not configured yet. Aptitude then died with the message that there were too many errors to proceed.

It looks to me as if aptitude is executing the configuration step in the wrong order. Clearly, it should configure udev first, then xorg-core and then the xorg driver packages. Am I missing something here, might it have something to do with my particular makeup of the sources.list file? I'm a bit lost, and I would like to upgrade to Squeeze without resorting to a full clean install.

In the end I managed to restore a backup image I made moments before, so I didn't lose anything.