Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Richard Hartmann wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 22:02, deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> In kde3 the "idiots" didn't think of us poor people not using latin and
>> associated per default ALT+K to switch the keymap. Now if you switch from
>> english to rushian/bulgarian or whatever ALT+K gives a completely
>> different keycode ... So I had to always change this.
>
> Maybe I don't understand what you mean, but I switch between English and
> German layout with ctrl-alt-k and have been doing so since early KDE 3 or
> late KDE 2.
>
> Richard

yes, exactly that's what I mean. the latin "k" has no equivalent in other
languages (in terms of key code). Windows is doing this wisely since the
beginning by setting the switch to ALT+SHIFT, which is language
independent. I like the abbility to change things in kde, so I preffer to
set it to ALT+CTRL+(richt arrow).
In your case german "k" is equivalent to english "k" thus switch is working,
for all people using latin. I don't know if it's working for greek or
hebrew. If someone can report it would be interesting to know.

regards