Re: 64 bit-flash failing sites (was: What to choose for Core i5 64 bits?)

On Tue, 11 May 2010 11:27:14 -0400, Jordan Metzmeier wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Any other failing site that can be tested by the mere non-US mortals?
>> :-)
>>

> Not that I know of. Doing a google search, it looks like hulu may be the
> only issue. I had problems southparkstudios.com using chrome + flash on
> amd64, but the issue is not present in iceweasel so it is likely the
> fault of chrome. You could probably try hulu using a U.S. based proxy
> server.

Curious is that there are some packages for linux, also for 64-bits
systems:

http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop-linux

But, what's that (Hulu Desktop), a special program to watch movies and tv
series inside a dedicated application instead using the browser? :-?

> It is good that this is limited to a single site only accessible by one
> country. It limits the number of affected people. Unfortunately for me,
> I do not subscribe to t.v. services so this is my ideal solution for
> watching the few shows I do. i386 with -bigmem suits my needs just fine
> though.

Yes, that is an option.

Users having problems with flash plugin on their 64 bits OS can install a
32 bits browser and run the 32 bits plugin, which is annoying but it
should work.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón