Re: KDE4 & KDE3 || Gnome2 & Gnome3

Lisi wrote:

>> I believe preserving and enhancing 3.5 is exactly the purpose of this
>> project:
>> http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/
>
> Thanks, John, for the info.  That looks very encouraging.
>
> Someone else had mentioned it, but as being available for Ubuntu, which I
> had read as only available on Ubuntu, and I did not wish to mix
> repositories. This could be the deal-breaker that makes me switch to
> Ubuntu!
>
> However. there is plenty of time still and Timothy Pearson is asking for
> bug
> reports for bugs or enhancement requests.  (I can see my first enhancement
> request coming up!)  So by the time support for KDE 3.5 ceases, there may
> be a Debian repository or a tar.gz or deb available. :-)
>
> Lisi

May be we need first a list for kde3.5 fans. To me ubuntu is really noop. I
would clone a local kde3 repo and compile the deb packages for debian to
use in i.e. /opt/custom/kde3. I have done this for sarge before lenny
became stable for many apps, but at the time I was missing the newer
features in kde3.

Don't understand me wrong. I am for improvement and progress but not the way
kde4 is pushing it to the end user.

Thanks for the links and for the postings