Re: KDE4 & KDE3 || Gnome2 & Gnome3

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 15:23:57 John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 12:39 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> > Alexander V. Wolf wrote:
> > > Hello everybody!
> > >
> > > Maybe possible installed KDE3 and KDE4 paralleled? Example: KDE3 into
> > > /opt with KDE4 into /usr. And maybe get answer on this question with
> > > Gnome2 and Gnome3?
> > >
> > > P.S. Sorry, my english is bad
> >
> > I'm really thinking of starting a project to prolong the life of kde3.
> >
> > we could really do what SUSE has been doing all the time and put kde3
> > into opt or whatever else.
> >
> > regards
>
> I believe preserving and enhancing 3.5 is exactly the purpose of this
> project:
> http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/

Thanks, John, for the info.  That looks very encouraging.

Someone else had mentioned it, but as being available for Ubuntu, which I had
read as only available on Ubuntu, and I did not wish to mix repositories.
This could be the deal-breaker that makes me switch to Ubuntu!

However. there is plenty of time still and Timothy Pearson is asking for bug
reports for bugs or enhancement requests.  (I can see my first enhancement
request coming up!)  So by the time support for KDE 3.5 ceases, there may be
a Debian repository or a tar.gz or deb available. :-)

Lisi