Re: (new post) Is there a way to manage a WS 3500 Lacrosse Technology wheather station under Debian Lenny ?

Camaleón put forth on 5/10/2010 1:39 PM:
> On Mon, 10 May 2010 10:32:21 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>
>> Bernard put forth on 5/9/2010 4:47 PM:
>>> I've read somewhere that a Lacrosse WS2300 or 23?? was being
>>> successfully mastered, but I can't find the appropriate links. What
>>> about my WS 3500 ?  the MSWIN driver that I got with it, is called
>>> "Heavy Wheather 3600", as it is supposed to manage both WS3500 and
>>> WS3600.
>>>
>>> There is a SERIAL connexion between the wheather station and the PC.
>>
>> What, exactly, _specifically_, is the question you would like us to
>> answer?
>
> See the "subject" :-)
>
> I think the OP wants to connect his weather device to a Debian system and
> retrieve/manage data from it in the same manner it would do the windows
> counterpart application designed for this device (Heavy Weather Pro).

So he want's to know if anyone has ported this proprietary user application
to Linux, or written one from scratch?  I'm unaware.  But then again I don't
use these local weather gizmos.  I use the FireFox Accuweather plugin with
my zip code. ;)

--
Stan