Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On 10 May 2010 16:08, Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:
> On Mon May 10 2010 05:48:37 Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> What does "copy files" do then? Describe to me what it does and I will
>> see if Dolphin can do that, or if it is reasonable I will file a
>> feature request.
>
> Did you not know KDE has a builtin help system?

>From the fine manual that you refer to:
The Edit Menu
Edit->Undo (Ctrl+Z)
Undoes the last action performed by Dolphin.
Edit->Cut (Ctrl+X)
Cuts the currently selected item(s).
Edit->Copy (Ctrl+C)
Copies the currently selected item(s).
Edit->Paste Clipboard Contents... (Ctrl+V)
Pastes the currently copied/cut items to the current folder. If the
clipboard does not contain files or folders, the clipboard contents
(such as text or image data) will be pasted into a new file.
Edit->Select All (Ctrl+A)
Selects all files and folders in the current folder.
Edit->Invert Selection (Ctrl+Shift+A)
 Selects all unselected items and deselects all selected items in the
current folder.

> Or are you trolling?

You keep using that word. I don't think that it means what you think it means.

> "Edit->Copy Files (F7)
> Copy the selected item(s) to another folder."

I can only assume that came from the KDE 3 manual, which I don't have
installed locally as I've stated that I am running KDE 4. Sure, I
could have stfw for it or installed KDE 3, but so could the parent
poster install KDE 4 and file his own bugs. I'm trying to help him, if
you haven't noticed, and your interference is not appreciated. I have
no problem with you looking for opportunities to attack me, but please
don't do that at Steef's expense.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com