Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Sun May 9 2010 08:20:40 Florian Kulzer wrote:
(snip)
> That is fine, of course, but why do you bother the list with your
> grievances if your mind is already made up and you are not willing to
> work with the people who care about making KDE4 better? Do you just want
> to use the list as your personal agony aunt?

This is a Debian list, not a KDE list.  A lot of people care about
not making Debian worse, and are thereafter taking the time and
making the effort to present the case for not deleting KDE 3.5
from Debian.

While the KDE devs have gone on to new and sillier pastures, KDE 3.5
is apparently maintained at least by the Trinity project and it is
possible that either Trinity or other solutions may yet be developed
that will avoid the planned harm to Debian.

This is a worthwhile discussion for a Debian list.  I would suggest,
however, that follow ups if any be directed to the more focused forum
of debian-kde, to which I have cross-posted this message.

--Mike Bird