Re: curious gnome desktop behaviour after upgrade

Camaleón:
> On Wed, 05 May 2010 10:36:34 +0100, John O Laoi wrote:
>
>> What would ye think of doing
>>
>> aptitude purge gnome
>> followed by
>> aptitude install gnome
>>
>> Is that likely to break lots of other things?

Usually not, but I don't see the point in doing that. It appears you
would just reinstall the package with your bug in it.

> How do you (you = people using Squeeze) usually run updates for GNOME?

I run sid and in cases like these (don't run Gnome) I either downgrade
to the version in testing, use an archived version or just sit and wait.

J.
--
I want to keep my skin looking good but I believe all computers do the
same job.