Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

Size.  A little almost-handheld netbook just isn't as physically in danger of cracking in your knapsack as a 15" or 17" laptop.

My girlfriend's Dell Mini's screen got cracked on a recent trip even though we had it in a protective case and now the netbook is useless, because to replace one of those screens basically requires taking the entire machine apart and it's out of warranty.  My 6 year old Dell Latitude D800 on the other hand, while weighing in about 3 times as much, is solid as a brick and the screen has no flex.  After the Dell Mini lasted only 8 months, we've decided no more netbooks.  But that's just our experience, I know netbooks work well for some people.   I question their durability for using while travelling though, which is kinda the whole point of the netbooks...

Mark