Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On 5/3/2010 5:02 PM, Lisi wrote:
On Monday 03 May 2010 22:13:05 Mark Allums wrote:
Most netbooks (at least the ones I have seen) are relatively flimsy.

They are not "almost-handheld".  They are much larger than that.

I was listing advantages of netbooks over notebooks and laptops, but
size is not one of them, _at_least_for_me_.  They are too small.  The
screens are too small for my eyesight, the keyboards are too small for
my hands, and so on.

YMMV, I suppose.

The size and weight are extremely important for some of us.  I actually have
physical difficulty carrying a laptop + charger etc. for any length of time.
A netbook I can manage.

"YMMV" would be fair enough, but I found that "I suppose" patronising.  Not
everyone in the world is male, fully fit and young.  Some of us are none of
those.

Lisi

It was not meant as patronising. It was meant as, oops, I goofed, sorry. I'm male, but not young, just only moderately (in)experienced with Debian, and I have other attributes which aren't flattering, either.

It's true, I have a hard time understanding the appeal of a tiny thing like a typical netbook. Thank you for reminding me that there are other perspectives.

MAA