Re: gnome panel tray icons transparancy

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 14:17 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 02 May 2010 15:40:28 +0200, Steven wrote:
>
> > I have Squeeze installed on both a laptop and a desktop, this only
> > occurs on the desktop.
>
> Are both computers using the same GNOME GTK theme?
It would seem so, both look the same apart from this issue, and both are
using 'Clearlooks'.
I noticed however that the option for Clearlooks in 'System -
Preferences - Appearance' are slightly different (tab 'Theme'), on the
laptop I see the debian icon on some themes, whereas on the desktop I
see a folder icon instead.
Changing the theme doesn't help.

> Are both computers running the same version of the applications involved
> in this issue?
Yes, as I said, both are running Squeeze, and using the same download
mirror for apt, both are up to date. I take Rhythmbox for example, both
are at 0.12.8, but the icon that appears when playing is only
transparent on the laptop.

> > In gnome, the tray icons on the panel (network manager, rhythmbox
> > playing, empathy status etc..) are not transparent, the date/time, menu
> > and application shortcuts are.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Both installations are up to date.
>
> Two easy tests:
>
> 1/ Create a new panel and drop there the "faulty" icons. Are they still
> showed with a solid background?
Creating a new panel with notification area keeps showing the issue on
this new panel.

> 2/ Create a new user, login and check if the same behaviour continues.
A new user has the same issue.

> That would give us a tip about the origin of the problem (borked
> settings).
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón