Re: using umlaut works in console, not in Citrix client

On 30/04/2010 13:54, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
On 29/04/2010 11:16, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

<snip>

Thanks, it's worth a try.
I'm not sure the java environments are the same.
On both machines they were installed with aptitude install default-jre

I'll try the backport of java & using Firefox instead of Iceweasel.

Regards,
Benedict

Firefox crashed unfortunately and i spent already to much time on this.
So we'll have to go with Ubuntu in this case :(

Thanks for the help & ideas.

Regards,
Benedict

I installed Ubuntu and noted exactly which packages i installed.
It seemed as if Java was the clue because i got it to work Debian too :)

I installed a lightweight LDE system.
Then installed sun-java6-jre and sun-java6-plugin.
I now did: update-alternatives --config java.
Something i hadn't done before.

Then i installed the citrix client deb and libmotif 3 as its a prequisite.
I think i can skip those but i installed them anyway as i want to test
further. When i connect to Citrix using the java client, all is well and
ë is shown correctly instead of Ë. Victory at last !

Regards,
Benedict