using umlaut works in console, not in Citrix client

Hi,

i'm using Debian stable on a Toshiba  Satellite Pro laptop with an azerty
keyboard layout (Belgian period) and when i use the Citrix client (v11),
it doesn't translate all the key combinations correctly.
I cannot use an umlaut with a small caps letter, it automatically makes
the small letter a capital letter with an umlaut. It however works in the
console and in an xterm, but not when i'm in citrix.

If i change the keyboard layout to Dutch in the Citrix settings, then i'm able
to use the umlaut key correctly. When dealing with Citrix i usually specify
that the keyboard layout is specified in the User Profile, that's a Citrix option.
I tried specifying it as Belgian Dutch but that doesn't work.
The locale is "nl_BE.UTF-8"

It's a rather annoying problem as i want to install Debian on all the old
laptops we have and this is holding the conversion back.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Benedict