Re: asignar hora a PC

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:03:15 -0400 (EDT), Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:28:23 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> That is indeed strange.  I have never heard of an e-mail system that
>> allows e-mails out but not in.  (Except for spam setups, of course!)
>
> Look at his e-mail address :-/
>
> This won't be the first time I see problems with user coming from some
> restrictive networks.
>>
>> He must have *some* way of receiving replies, such as viewing the
>> mailing list archives via a browser.  Otherwise, why would he ask a
>> question to which he knows that he cannot receive replies? And if
>> memory serves me correctly, this user has been repeatedly told that
>> debian-user is for English only.  I must therefore conclude that he is
>> either (a) stupid, (b) careless, or (c) obnoxious. And none of those
>> alternatives speak well of him or motivate people to help him.
>
> There is still another option: "d) Other" :-)
>
> Many cuban users are not able to browse the web (they have Internet but
> only e-mail access, no web browsing) so if that is the case, he cannot
> review the mailing list posts using web archives and if he is not
> receiving e-mails coming from external users (non *.cu addresses), he is
> then stuck.
>
> But I'm just guessing, true is that in the Spanish mailing list there are
> some posts coming from him, but *not* replies.

If what you say is true, then he is wasting his time (and ours) by posting
to *any* list.  If he can
only receive e-mails from fellow Cubans, then even if there are fellow
Cubans who could help him and are subscribed to the list, they will never
receive his posts, since the list server is outside of Cuba.  In fact,
no-one in Cuba could even subscribe to the list, since they will never
receive the confirmation e-mail.  And if they don't have web access
either, then posting to *any* list is an exercise in futility for Cubans.
Lists are black holes to Cubans.  Everything goes in, nothing comes out.
Apparently he hasn't figured that out yet.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :