Re: asignar hora a PC

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:28:23 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 02:16:20 -0400 (EDT), Camaleón wrote:

>> After some attemps to try to contact the user (he also writes into the
>> Spanish list), I reached the following conclusions:
>>
>> 1/ The user does not receive many of the e-mails coming from the list.
>>
>> 2/ He cannot receive e-mails from the outside (maybe is behind a proxy
>> or firewall or any kind of filter system that rejects external
>> e-mails).
>
> That is indeed strange.  I have never heard of an e-mail system that
> allows e-mails out but not in.  (Except for spam setups, of course!)

Look at his e-mail address :-/

This won't be the first time I see problems with user coming from some
restrictive networks.

> He must have *some* way of receiving replies, such as viewing the
> mailing list archives via a browser.  Otherwise, why would he ask a
> question to which he knows that he cannot receive replies? And if
> memory serves me correctly, this user has been repeatedly told that
> debian-user is for English only.  I must therefore conclude that he is
> either (a) stupid, (b) careless, or (c) obnoxious. And none of those
> alternatives speak well of him or motivate people to help him.

There is still another option: "d) Other" :-)

Many cuban users are not able to browse the web (they have Internet but
only e-mail access, no web browsing) so if that is the case, he cannot
review the mailing list posts using web archives and if he is not
receiving e-mails coming from external users (non *.cu addresses), he is
then stuck.

But I'm just guessing, true is that in the Spanish mailing list there are
some posts coming from him, but *not* replies.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón