Re: tool tips remaining after window switching

On Monday 26 April 2010 21:09:06 Celejar wrote:
> I use a
> number of applications that implement tool tips, those little boxes
> that come up explaining some on screen widget.  Very often, when one
> comes up and I then switch to a different window,
> the tool tip remains, superimposed over the new
> application, and won't go away until I switch back to the first app,
> move the cursor somewhere else to get it to go away, and then switch
> back to the other application.
>
> Should I file a bug,

Sounds like a bug to me.  Not exactly high-priority, but a bug nonetheless.

> and against
> what?

Well, does this only happen with tooltips from a single application?  Multiple
related applications (e.g. multiple Qt-4 applications)?  Every application?

Single -> that app.
Multiple -> that library / related "thing".  Or any one of the applications,
but include information about which other applications are affected.
Every -> Probably your window manager, maybe X.