tool tips remaining after window switching

This looks like a bug, but I'm not sure what to file against.  I use a
number of applications that implement tool tips, those little boxes
that come up explaining some on screen widget.  Very often, when one
comes up and I then switch to a different window (using Xfce4 on Sid,
all window maximized, and switching between them generally via
alt-shift), the tool tip remains, superimposed over the new
application, and won't go away until I switch back to the first app,
move the cursor somewhere else to get it to go away, and then switch
back to the other application.

Anyone else seen anything like this?  Should I file a bug, and against
what?

Celejar