Re: Filesystem recommendations

On 4/26/2010 4:53 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Mark Allums put forth on 4/26/2010 3:22 AM:
On 4/26/2010 2:14 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Mark Allums put forth on 4/25/2010 1:19 AM:

Sorry Stan,  Your defense of XFS has put me into troll mode.  It's a
reflex.  I don't buy it, but I shouldn't troll.

I think you are confusing what is with what should be.

A'ight, you forced me to pull out the big gun.  Choke on it.

I was trying to apologize.

This is the user list.  Of Debian.  Not the SA list of IRIX.

I am holding my opinion as a *user*. Other people come here, ask questions, I assume they are asking from the POV of a desktop user, unless they say otherwise. Sometimes I miss the introductions, or otherwise miss the point. Then I give bad advice. Hold silly opinions.

From the POV of Joe Hobbyist, XFS is not suitable. From the POV of a Server Administrator, it might well be very suitable. YMMV.

MAA