Re: overcoming the 32k objects limit is ext3 - which file system to use?

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 09:43:27AM +0530, Siju George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext3 can have only 32000 files/folders under a folder and I hit that limit.
> Which file system can I use to over come it?
> I am planning for JFS
>
> Does anybody has any recommendations?

You are stating that you believe there to be a 32000 number limit for files per
folder using the ext3 filesystem. One user has demonstrated that there is no
limit to file creation other than storage space to hold those files. This is
of coarse under 1 directory. However, other references have been given to an
article stating that there is a limit to the amount of directories that an
ext3 filesystem is capable of supporting.
As another user has stated, is there a specific error or problem you can post
to make your question more clear. Have you reached the limit of directories?
Perhaps then you should consider another organizational tool for the data.

--
Paul Lane         |Debian-Lenny 5.04
KC9EYE            |GNU/Linux 2.6.26-2-486
http://www.qsl.net/kc9eye