RE: How to remove oowriter delay on opening document?

I think what he means is, KDE apps don't in general use the GTK libraries,
they use Qt.  Gnome apps in general use the GTK libraries, not Qt.

So in the case of Gnome, as soon as any program loads the GTK libraries,
they will usually be shared by all programs that use them.  So when you go
to launch OOo, the GTK libraries are already loaded and ready to go.

In the case of KDE, since no programs are using GTK, OOo would have to load
the GTK libraries fresh, which slows things down.