Re: USB device attached via RS232 adaptor

On 04/23/2010 07:04 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
Thanks, Kevin and Brad. I now have a good starting point, and should
be able to google my way out of the situation.

To clarify, for those who I've confused in the beginning of the thread:
Despite claims by the user that he is connecting USB smart card
readers via serial, he has two different types of smart card readers:
1) Serial smart card readers of unknown origin. These card readers may
or may not be supported in Debian via third party software.

Not only that, but it's definitely not "production ready". Almost like someone wire wrapped it.

He should be asking *them* for help.

2) USB smart card readers that communicate via a "virtual com port".
These card readers are supported in Linux with no mention of distro,
once they have had a firmware update (done in Windows).

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?