Re: USB device attached via RS232 adaptor

Thanks, Kevin and Brad. I now have a good starting point, and should
be able to google my way out of the situation.

To clarify, for those who I've confused in the beginning of the thread:
Despite claims by the user that he is connecting USB smart card
readers via serial, he has two different types of smart card readers:
1) Serial smart card readers of unknown origin. These card readers may
or may not be supported in Debian via third party software.
2) USB smart card readers that communicate via a "virtual com port".
These card readers are supported in Linux with no mention of distro,
once they have had a firmware update (done in Windows).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com