Re: Moving to Debian: updated software

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:13:49 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> It's hard for distributions to include the latest KDE SC available
>> *and* deliver it as "stable". Rolling distros (such Arch Linux), which
>> are always up-to-date, may fit better into this schema.
>>

> That is where a third-party repo would come in, such as Backports.
> Kubuntu, for all it's flaws, does this quite well. I understand that so
> does Suse.

As per openSUSE, yes, they have the OBS (Build Service) with many
packages up-to-date and available (backported or not) for the current
supported releases *but* remember that packages that fall in there are
not "officialy" supported nor included into security patches (they follow
their own path to solve any issue that can arise).

Anyway, I agree their KDE repos are of very good quality and so very
useful for users.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón