Re: Moving to Debian: updated software

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:26:07 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> Unfortunately, the goals of always having the latest KDE and a stable
>> distro are not compatible.
>>

> Not necessarily. KDE has a regular release schedule, with a point
> release about once a month. I would consider a distro that included the
> latest point releases stable in the sense of no (or few) beta software.

It's hard for distributions to include the latest KDE SC available *and*
deliver it as "stable". Rolling distros (such Arch Linux), which are
always up-to-date, may fit better into this schema.

(...)

>> Have you asked other KDE contributors about their setups?
>>

> Yes, there is a lot of favour towards Mandriva and Suse. Kubuntu with
> Project Timelord is also being mentioned. If I jump ship from a Debian
> based distro, it will likely be to Suse.

+1 for openSUSE :-)

But remember that openSUSE 11.2 is still including kde 4.3.5 under their
stable KDE repo. KDESC 4.4 is available under factory/testing repo.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón