Re: Epiphany browser continues to get worse and worse

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin@familyross.net> wrote:
[snip]
>> Well, I could be hallucinating, but FYI I tested this by comparing the
>> two Epiphany versions side by side.  Version 2.29 was running in a Sid
>> chroot (schroot -p).  The new version looked brighter and a wee bit
>> clearer. I first noticed this improvement on another computer I'd just
>> upgraded to Squeeze.  However, maybe the difference is something to do
>> with X.org?
>
> Could it be the font antialiasing settings were different between the two
> environments?

I realized after I sent my last post that it couldn't be due to X
server settings.  The Squeeze epiphany runs from the filesystem in the
chroot but it is displayed using the same X instance as is my regular
Lenny desktop.   Anyway ...

To the OP: to workaround the save file bug you're getting, you could
right click on the file, do 'copy link address', then on the command
line hit Shift+Insert to paste the URL as the argument to wget.  I do
all my file downloads that way.