Re: Epiphany browser continues to get worse and worse

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:01:41 -0400 (EDT), Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
>> Couldn't say why they switched, but I find pages in Epiphany 2.29 in
>> Squeeze look vivid compared with the Gecko version.
>
> I have switched back and forth between epiphany and iceweasel several
> times, on the same computer and monitor, and I have not noticed any
> difference in image quality between iceweasel, which is based on
> gecko (xulrunner-1.9.1) and epiphany-browser, which is based on webkit
> (libwebkit-1.0-2).

Well, I could be hallucinating, but FYI I tested this by comparing the
two Epiphany versions side by side.  Version 2.29 was running in a Sid
chroot (schroot -p).  The new version looked brighter and a wee bit
clearer. I first noticed this improvement on another computer I'd just
upgraded to Squeeze.  However, maybe the difference is something to do
with X.org?