Re: how to activate canbery

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:14:45 +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> Hi,

Please, keep quoting when replying e-mails to avoid messing the
content :-)

> I suppose so,  since I hear  sounds and can play music ?  or  it is
> another thing ?

AFAIK, it's another thing as I have disabled my system sounds but still
can hear any other music :-)

> otherwise  how to enable "system sounds" thanks for help
> bela

In Lenny, go to "menu / system / preferences / sound" and open "Sounds"
tab. There you can enable system sounds.

If you are running squeeze, take a read into this thread:

***
No GNOME system sounds in Squeeze
***

Greetings,