Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Vincent Danjean wrote:
My reason is quite complicated, and is really justified. Briefly, one
person that I know needs to have some report I wrote, but this person
should not be able neither to print it nor to extract content from it,
for a simple reason: this person could transmit a part (or the whole)
[of the] document to a third party, and this third party should not
receive the report from the person who could send it to him (the third
party), but the third party wants the other fellow (actually not a
fellow to me) to receive the report.

I know that it is _always_ possible (with some determination) to extract
content, by some way, of a PDF (even if screenshots were to never work,
you can still use a camera). Principally, the most important aspects of
such security features are that they are tricky (for some users only, I
agree) to unlock, and that they are consequently repulsive at prima facie.
Life is simpler than that:

   pdf ->postscript ->print

So, do not make the report available!!
-ishwar