Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

2010/4/19 Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be>:

> I know that it is _always_ possible (with some determination) to extract
> content, by some way, of a PDF (even if screenshots were to never work,
> you can still use a camera). Principally, the most important aspects of

Or paper and pencil.

> such security features are that they are tricky (for some users only, I
> agree) to unlock, and that they are consequently repulsive at prima facie.

I know that for some cases this 'restriction through inconvenience' is
sufficient in practice, but this should not be achievable with free
software, even if legitimate.

A suggestion: be physically present when that person examine the file,
and threaten him or her with violence at a mere attempt of data
recording. (But you still face the problem of memory, that is
fortunately harder to overcome)

--
Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili@gmail.com>