Re: horrible mc colorscheme

godo wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from 2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:

And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
No kidding!

How do I get back to what I had?

So what happened is that starting with 4.7.0 mc supports skins.

There are 5 skins shipped with mc:

darkfar - black background
default - the old default: blue background
double-lines - like default but with double lines. Couldn't get that to work
featured - like double-lines
gotar - black backround

I found 2 skins googling:

elite_commander - unreadable with black backround
bluemoon - black background.

I found no skins anywhere with my choice for years: white background.

So it's back to the old blue default because it takes days of diddling to make up a skin.

I was just download and open elite_commander skin.
I think if in:

change to white
it should be white background.
I don't have mc so I can't try, but it seems easy to modified.

Hi Goran,

I just posted a followup with my complaint on the mc user list:

It's not that simple as I mention there: when you change that default option all the directory entries turn bright white and in mcedit the entries turn black on white with a blue background which looks ridiculous.

The problem is that they changed a major function without fallback and without a spectrum of options.

Too bad but it's waiting until skins get developed or pinning mc to prevent from installing.