Re: horrible mc colorscheme

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from 2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:4.7.0.1-1.

And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
No kidding!

How do I get back to what I had?
Anybody?

So what happened is that starting with 4.7.0 mc supports skins.

There are 5 skins shipped with mc:

darkfar - black background
default - the old default: blue background
double-lines - like default but with double lines. Couldn't get that to work
featured - like double-lines
gotar - black backround

I found 2 skins googling:

elite_commander - unreadable with black backround
bluemoon - black background.

I found no skins anywhere with my choice for years: white background.

So it's back to the old blue default because it takes days of diddling to make up a skin.

I've complained about it on the mc userlist:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc/2010-April/msg00024.html

Hugo