Re: horrible mc colorscheme
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: horrible mc colorscheme
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:01:59 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from
2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:18.104.22.168-1.
And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
How do I get back to what I had?
So what happened is that starting with 4.7.0 mc supports skins.
There are 5 skins shipped with mc:
darkfar - black background
default - the old default: blue background
double-lines - like default but with double lines. Couldn't get that to work
featured - like double-lines
gotar - black backround
I found 2 skins googling:
elite_commander - unreadable with black backround
bluemoon - black background.
I found no skins anywhere with my choice for years: white background.
So it's back to the old blue default because it takes days of diddling
to make up a skin.