Re: Epiphany browser continues to get worse and worse

On Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 15:00:15 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

> >  "They" probably haven't fixed it since it hasn't been reported as
> > a bug.
>
> As for the download problem, I didn't report a bug because someone else
> got there first: Debian bug report number 563056.

  Your message initially didn't have that link; so thanks for providing
 it.

  I think I over-reacted because I'm used to seeing people give
 lists of alleged problems in software, but without enough details to
 allow anybody else to confirm them, or investigate.
 Sometimes you'll get lucky and somebody else will report it; but posting
 to the users mailing list thing like:

    * I use software XX but it is buggy and now I use something else

  Just feels like a random rant, not the start of a useful or productive
 discussion.  (Which is pretty much what you did.)

> As for the reply bug, I just noticed it today; and no, I haven't
> reported a bug yet.  I'm not sure I'm going to.  I already said why.

  Indeed.  Still if it affects one site it probably affects others,
 unless it is caused by a particularly malformed
 HTML/javascript/whatever that site uses behind the scenes.

  On that basis its useful to report, if only so that other users
 of that particular site can see it.

  Even without that perhaps saving the page, and associated media
 to your local machine might still trigger it. If that is the case you
 can trim down the page(s) a lot and see if you can find out what causes
 it yourself.  (Assuming you're familiar with HTML & so on.)

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/