Re: acroread not seeing printers

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:09:22 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 10:49 -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:

>> > <snip>
>> > Thanks.  I tried setting LID_LIBRARY_PATH and I know the binaries are
>> > in the path but it didn't help :(
>>
>> I don't know if you noticed, but I think that should be
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, without the extra 'I'.  I don't know enough to help
>> otherwise.
> <snip>
> Argh!! I did upgrade to acroreat 9.3.1 from multimedia unstable upon
> these responses and the referenced article which was based upon 9.x.  I
> even set a LID_LIBRARY_PATH variable in case it was not a typo.  It
> still doesn't work.  Setting the command line debugging variable, I
> found that it cannot find the PPD file.

Ughhh, yes, *it's a typo* (I copied/pasted from the site and didn't
notice the error either) :-/.

Correct value is "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" as Carl pointed-out.

> Does it only work if the CUPS
> server is running locally? In our case, we use a central CUPS server
> running on a non-standard port.  This is reflected in
> /etc/cups/client.conf.  How do we tell acroread where the printer server
> and PPD files are? Thanks - John

Mmmm, that should not affect. If you can print from other programs,
Acroread should do the same. If it fails, it sounds to me like a bug on
their side.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón