Re: acroread not seeing printers

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 10:35 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:56:44 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > Hello, all.  We've installed acroread 8.1.7-0.1 from debian-multimedia.
> > It is not seeing any of the printers on our cups print server.  It just
> > shows the custom lpr printer.  How do we get it to see our printers like
> > all the other applications in our KDE setup do? We are running Lenny +
> > backports.  Thanks - John
>
> Mmmm, IIRC you have to leave the default command as is (/usr/bin/lpr) and
> select a default printer in KDE.
>
> Acrobat should print for the default printer.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

While googling around, I did see a page which suggested I should be able
to see my printers
(http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/2009/06/printing_with_adobe_reader_the.html).  I do see that I can fiddle with the ~/adobe/Acrobat/8.0Preferences/reader_prefs and set /printerCommand [/s (kprinter)] instead of (lp) but that's not quite the same.  If we have to go that route, does anyone know how to edit /usr/lib/Adobe/Reader8/Reader/GlobalPrefs/reader_prefs to set this automatically when users run acroread for the first time? Thanks - John