Re: Does bcm4310 work with Debian Lenny?

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:42:33 -0700, Mark wrote:

> I'm considering purchasing a new laptop like this one
> http://www.thelinuxlaptop.com/viper-linux-laptop.php which uses a Dell
> Wireless 1490 card a.k.a. bcm4310.  I've used b43-fwcutter with great
> results on older dell bcm43xx cards in Lenny but bcm4310 is not listed
> here
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Supported_chip_types.

Some Broadcom cards not supported by b43 driver have support with
"ndiswrapper", you could check if your model is listed there :-?

> I'm also curious about the video card (intel graphics media accelerator
> x4500hd) but that appears to be supported based on what I've read.

Mmmm, for this I dunno. It seems to be using Intel G45 chipset. Google a
bit to check what people is saying.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón